Lightning delivers uncompressed, zero latency, digital video signals at up to 4k resolution, using standard Ethernet infrastructure. Based on the award winning AptoVision Blue River NT chip set, this revolutionary technology takes digital video signal management into the future.
Lightning is built for the Pro AV industry to satisfy the demands of routing hi-resolution 4K video to multiple destinations with every pristine detail of the original source. Audio, analog and embedded are catered for with embedding and de-embedding features. RS232 and IR control are also routed along side the video signal.
A particular integrator friendly feature is complete break away switching of all signal types, video, audio, RS232 and IR, these can be routed independently to any destination.
Scalable matrix switchers of any size can easily created, so you only pay for what you need and ensure any future expansion can be accommodated.
Video walls of up to 5×5 (25 displays) can also be achieved with Lightning, in fact mixed use of matrix switching with multiple video walls can all be accommodated within the one system.
Lightning is perfect for applications requiring hi-resolution imaging like data visualisation and healthcare, where 4k sources are often used for analytical decision making.
Features and Benefits
- Superior AptoVision technology with Zero frame latency
– Picture perfect image reproduction with identical timing
- Complete and independent audio, video and control matrix switching
– Handles all typical signals found in Pro AV environment
- Unmatched I/O flexibility, one end point per source/display
– Free yourself from fixed matrix sizes forever
- HDCP compliant
– AES 128bit encrypted video delivery of protected content
- Video distribution using off the shelf 10GbE network switches
– Trusted performance from switch companies like Cisco and Netgear
- Extended signal driving range
– Up to 100m transmission, 200m achieved with centrally located switch
- Distributed video matrix with built in redundancy
– No more centralised matrix frame to fail, only end points to hot swap out, no system down time
- EDID management
– Local and remote EDID loading for ease of set up
- Video Wall designer
– Create video walls with 4K resolutions